Delhi is definitely a fun to stay. From the diversity and influx of people from all over the world to being the capital and heart of the country, Delhi has a charm of its own. Be it the food, the people, the tourists, the monuments, the cultural diversity, the vibe, Delhi never fails to impress. Above all, Delhi is the hub of education, boasting of the prestigious University of Delhi that has a reputation of being the number one university of the country. A large number of students from all over the country and outside come here to receive good education. North Campus has a student life vibe to it, and chai tapris to help the students study and relax.
But it gets monotonous sometimes and you want to escape the city, I get it. Being the centre of the country, there are a lot of places that you can visit from Delhi. Here is a list of places you can travel to from Delhi by train, without much hassles and checking train running status online; long but comfortable journeys:
- Udhampur, Jammu and Kashmir: Kashmir’s beauty is something that needs no introduction. And we all want to go and witness its beauty. Yes, you can take a train from Delhi to reach Udhampur. It will take you about 9 to 10 hours to reach Udhampur from New Delhi Railway Station.
- Amritsar: From the famous Golden temple to awesome Punjabi cuisines, Amritsar is a fun place to visit. You will find both urban and rural vibe there. You can take the Tata Jat Express from New Delhi to reach Amritsar Junction.
- Rishikesh: You should definitely visit Rishikesh if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. You can even go to Shivpuri from there which is about an hour away from Rishikesh. Time taken to reach Rishikesh from New Delhi is about 6 to 8 hours via train. Take the Delhi Haridwar Special train to reach Rishikesh.
- Rajasthan: It takes about 7 to 10 hours to reach Rajasthan from New Delhi via train and trust me, it is going to the journey of a lifetime! There are numerous places to visit in Rajasthan like Jaipur, Pushkar etc. Along with that, do not forget to try Rajasthani Cuisine!
- Landour: If you want to spend time in between mountains, relaxing and chilling, Landour is the place to go to. It will take you about 6 to 8 hours to reach destination from New Delhi. Make your way up to Dhanaulti as well from there. Take the Nanda Devi Express train to reach Landour from New Delhi. The nearest station is Dehradun.
- Nainital: Another beautiful hill station to relax you. It is one of the most romantic holiday destinations. The nearest station to Nainital is Kathgodham, which is located around 35 kms away from Nainital.The distance between Delhi and Nainital is about 232 kms and it takes approximately 5 to 7 hours to reach destination station.